Holiday and Vacation
All active employees who are currently working at one of our clients, and have worked consistently at the same client for over 400 hours, are eligible for Holiday pay (you must physically work your scheduled day before and after the Holiday to qualify.) Following are the eligible Holidays that Sunshine Employment Resources, Inc. will pay for:
- New Years Day (January 1st)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (4th of July)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
All active employees who have worked consistently at the same client for over one (1) year are eligible for one week of vacation pay. All vacations must be approved by said client, and Sunshine Employment Resources, and the employee must provide a 30 day notice.
All Sunshine Employment Resources, Inc. employees are eligible to participate in a company sponsored plan immediately upon hire. Please see your Staffing Coordinator for further details and enrollment information.
“Policies and Procedures”
It is the policy of Sunshine Employment Resources to have a drug free workplace and provide that to our clients. We strictly prohibit any employee from being under the influence of any legal (unless prescribed) or illegal drug or alcohol while on our premises or on the premises of any of our customers. The solicitation, possession, use or sale of narcotics or other illegal drug or alcohol is forbidden.
Sunshine Employment Resources will drug test for the following reasons:
Refusal to submit to any of these tests will result in termination.
- For cause
Criminal Background Check
Sunshine Employment Resources conducts criminal background checks. However, a criminal background does not automatically mean that you will be excluded from employment.
Safety and accident management is of the utmost concern to Sunshine Employment Resources. Following are our policies regarding workplace safety and Accident/Injuries:
- Maintain good housekeeping in your work area at all times.
- Always be alert to potential hazards to yourself or your fellow workers.
- Wear all required personal and protective safety equipment.
- Never perform a task unless you are trained to do so and are aware of potential hazards.
- Report all unsafe conditions to your supervisor and Sunshine Employment Resources.
- Locate all fire extinguishers and first aid kits and obey all safety signs and tags.
- Always perform your job in a safe and proper manner.
- Appropriate clothing and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Locate and make yourself aware of any and all hazardous chemicals or materials you work around. You have a right to know this.
- In the event of an accident or injury:.
- Inform Sunshine Employment Resources Immediately. Sunshine will coordinate with you and the customer treatment and reporting procedures. Failure to do so could jeopardize your insurance benefits and result in disciplinary action up to, and including, termination.
- Sunshine Employment Resources has a modified light duty policy. If you suffer an on the job accident, we will provide you with an assignment within your doctor ordered restrictions.
- Your signature on your time ticket attests that you have not sustained an accident or injury while on the job.
- Our payroll week is Monday – Sunday. You will be paid for all work completed during this period the following Friday after the workweek is completed. Checks will be available for in office pick up, delivery to your job assignment or via mail. Overtime will be paid for any hours worked in excess of 40 during a payroll week.
- All pay is calculated from your time ticket. All tickets must be clearly filled out and be signed by both you and the client. Any tickets lacking these signatures or are suspect due to scratch throughs, messiness or alterations, will not be paid until the problem is fixed and may delay the payment of your check.
- Your W-2 form will be mailed to you or made available in the Sunshine Employment Resources Office by January 31st of each year. It is your obligation to notify us of any change of address in a timely manner.
- If you are on an assignment that differs from that which Sunshine Employment Resources informed you, notify Sunshine Employment Resources immediately.
- You are an employee of Sunshine Employment Resources and only you or Sunshine Employment Resources can terminate your employment. When a job assignment ends, you must notify Sunshine Employment Resources of your availability for another job assignment. Failure to do so or refusal of a job assignment will indicate that you have voluntarily quit and will hinder your ability to claim unemployment benefits.
- You are to complete all job assignments you accept. If you have a problem with an assignment, notify the office immediately. If you walk off a job, fail to complete an assignment or no call/no show, it will be assumed you have voluntarily quit and you will be paid at the federal minimum wage for the hours you worked.
While it is impossible to list all of the behaviors that are unacceptable in the workplace, the following are examples of infractions that will lead to disciplinary action up to, and including, termination:
- Failure to observe safety rules
- Refusal to perform your job
- Refusal of drug testing
- Possession of an intoxicant
- Sexual Harassment
- Weapon Possession