We are looking for a 1st shift Mechanic / CNC Machinist to work in the Fletcher, NC area. The hours are Monday – Thursday, 6:30 am – 5 pm, paying $18-20 per hour depending on experience. Criminal background check/reference checks/drug screening/E-Verify also required. Please call our Asheville office at 828-253-2114 for application information! See job details below:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation;
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts,
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Team effort
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.